Garment Defects Analysis and Classification
Faults in garment is very common word in apparel industry. Various types of faults are found during production in garment factory. These are defects that are found in the fabric; mostly these are caused by the sewing lines. Finding defects in garment is very important task for quality controller. Because quality is strictly maintained by garment buyer. So, in the apparel industry quality control is strictly practiced right from the initial stage of sourcing raw materials to the stage of final finished garment. For textile and apparel industry product quality is measured in terms of quality and standard of fibers, yarns, fabric construction, color fastness, surface designs and the final finished garment products. By inspecting garment items before to shipping, you can be sure that any garment defects or other issues have been addressed before the goods leave the factory.
|Faults in garment
Garments defects may classified in three categories:
1. Critical Defects: The defects present in garments lead the garments to be rejected directly are called critical defect. Such types of defects are not allowed to be shipped and those are the most serious of defects. Holes in garments, shade variation in garments fabric are the critical defects. 2. Major Defects: The defect which is present in garments may not lead the garments be rejected rather after removing this defect garments are executed for shipment is called major defect. Those defects are not allowed over a certain percentage (3%) depending on buyers requirements. Seam puckering, broken stitches, slipped stitch are the major defects 3. Minor Defects The defects which are present in the garments cannot lead the garments be rejected rather if small quantity of this defect are present in the garment, garments can be accepted for shipment. Over 5% minor defects are not allowed depending on buyers requirements. This type of defect is called minor defect. Spot and sewing defect in under part is minor defect. A minor defect will usually be seen by the inspector, but may be overlooked by the customer.
- Critical defects
- Major defects
- Minor defects
Garments defects are also classified in three categories:
1. Fabric Defects The defects or faults are found in fabric are called fabric defects. Mostly these are not caused by the sewing lines. Running shade, selvedge to selvedge shade, holes, staining mark, missing yarn, foreign yarn, slub, hairiness etc are the common fabric defects. Fabric defects should be addressed at the point of fabric inspection, or cutting. Fabric defects should not appear at final garments. Fabric defects can further be classified into 3 groups color defects, construction defects and cleanliness
- Fabric defects
- Workmanship and handling defects
- Trims, accessories and embellishment defects
2. Workmanship and Handling Defects: Such types of defects are directly caused by production section, this would include both the cutting and sewing section. Buyer’s approved samples must be referred to maintain perfect workmanship. These defects should never be allowed to raise above a certain percentage. 3. Trims, Accessories and Embellishment Defects These defects involve color and placement issues. Maximum such types of defects include color, size and placement of trims such as labels, sewing thread, screen print, embroidery designs, zipper, hangtag, lining, button and any kind of trims
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
We score 4.7 out of 5 based on 412 reviews.